By Rania Watts
In a myriad of ways German & Roman Chamomile Essential Oils house similar characteristics although they are also quite different.
As stated from this phenomenal article that breaks down the differences in a nutshell, this is what they had to say:
“GERMAN (BLUE) CHAMOMILE
· Contains chamazulene, giving the oil its deep blue color, and anti-inflammatory and infection fighting properties.
· Maintains normal skin; calms dry, irritated or flaky skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, or dermatitis; promotes healing and regeneration of damaged skin tissue.
· Stimulates liver, kidneys and gallbladder to improve digestion, remove toxins and infections.
· Calms mind and body for menstrual and menopausal problems, including PMS.
· Contains a high level of esters, has a yellow-pale blue color, is anti-spasmodic, anti-fungal and highly calming.
· Provides restful sleep, relief from sore muscles, arthritis, headaches and migraines.
· Effective at calming irritation, rage, mood swings. For children it’s useful for teething, colic, and temper tantrums. (Morgan, L)”
Before using either of these oils directly on skin, please ensure that they are mixed with a carrier oil.
Any personal opinions expressed in this blog solely belong to the author Rania Watts and not the Practitioner advertised in this website or social media.